- may be shortened, abbreviated, rearranged, or otherwise edited for display & marketing reasons
This cannot be longer than 75 characters.
Test if your title is 75 characters or less:
- your marketing language, if you have it
- or, describe the show as best you can so marketing language can be written
Ideally, there is a 140-character or less "headline" portion of the description. This appears in social posts, generated emails, ad copy, etc.
Test if your description, or at least the headline portion, is 140 characters or less:
- improv comedy? sketch comedy? stand-up comedy? none of those? something else entirely? Reply with each/any of these that apply.
Cast / Comics / Performers / Group Names (if known)
Ticket Price(s) (if not the usual $10 price)
- this should have been worked out with whoever approved your pitch
- if you don't know, please ask your approver
Graphic / Image
(yes, this part is very detailed)
We recommend you take a look and see how event images are displayed on our website, Eventbrite and Facebook:
- Our website: https://seateaimprov.com/theater/
- Facebook Events: https://www.facebook.com/pg/SeaTeaImprov/events/
- Eventbrite listings: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/sea-tea-comedy-theater-10965010523
- Feed-generated Facebook Ads (example of square cropping): https://www.facebook.com/62388493767/posts/5129692993813886/
Note that event images for a digital setting are NOT posters or flyers -- all event info does not and should not be on this image/graphic. The graphic always appears alongside information about the event like the title, location, date, time, price, etc. These details are good on a flyer or poster, but unnecessary for our digital event promotion. Details in an event image/graphic are also hard to edit when a detail changes, give more chances for typos, require more back-and-forth in the approval process, and prevent you from using the image/graphic again in the future.
The image/graphic should be a fun, unique banner that captures the flavor of a show at a glance. Just a photo can often be the best choice.
Your graphic or image should have a 2:1 ratio (a horizontal or landscape image twice as wide as it is tall), and ideally be at least 2160px x 1080px.
The middle square of that image should be able to stand alone with nothing important cut off, i.e. consider the left 25% and right 25% of the image to be the "bleed" in places where the image may be displayed as a 1:1 square
- Example 1: a full 2:1 image at 2160px x 1080px: https://picsum.photos/2160/1080?image=838
- Example 2: the middle 50% (1080px x 1080px) of that same image: https://picsum.photos/1080/1080?image=838
Your graphic or image should be less than 10MB in size.
If your graphic or image doesn't meet above criteria, it may be cropped or edited as needed for event image
- an attempt will be made to still use a non-compliant graphic or image in original format somewhere else, like the Eventbrite description body
- Send anything & an attempt will be made to use some version of it
- Let us know you have nothing & a simple graphic/image will be chosen/created.