UPDATE (2020-07-08): As an indoor event venue with live performances, any shows inside our theater can not happen until Phase 3 of Connecticut's reopening at the earliest. The State of Connecticut has announced that Phase 3 is delayed indefinitely.
We are planning online courses & workshops, some outdoor events, and looking into having small, private groups in our spaces during Phase 2.
To our wonderful performers, students, partners, and audiences,
Our business is to delight and surprise our audiences, and unfortunately, this announcement will do neither. Due to COVID-19, Sea Tea Comedy Theater cancelled its upcoming shows, including the Hartford Improv Festival in early April. In doing so, we are joining many other community institutions in a collective effort to limit potential exposure to this virus. The heart and soul of improv comedy is support — doing what’s best for the scene. As we often say in our classes, sometimes the best support move you can make is staying offstage.
Although it was a very difficult decision, we would rather pull back than put our beloved community at risk. Here is the strategy for each branch of Sea Tea Improv:
- Sea Tea Comedy Theater is closed for the time being, until further notice. Staff who were expecting the income will be offered solo or remote shifts for one-off projects. Audiences may request a refund for any ticket. Learn how to request a refund.
- Sea Tea Improv Studios is closed for the time being, until further notice. Current classes have been postponed or shifted online. Workshops and courses with start dates in the near future will be rescheduled. Studio rentals will be not be available during this time. Learn how to request a refund.
- The Sea Tea Improv Touring Company will work with clients to reschedule at their convenience, and plan ahead for excellent future events.
- The Hartford Improv Festival, scheduled for April 2-5 this year, was cancelled entirely. The festival draws big crowds and performers from all over the country, so unfortunately, it was too risky to hold. We look forward to rolling all of our ideas and effort into next year’s fest. Refunds are available to all levels of ticket buyers & workshop registrants. Learn how to request a refund.
- The owners of Sea Tea Improv are meeting weekly or more to assess our targets based on the news and our community.
We recognize that improv, and many other arts, are a vital source of community, laughter, and relief. We also hope to take this opportunity to be truly creative and figure out some ways to make great comedy without congregating in a theater. Joy is our job, and we take it seriously.
All questions can be directed to email@example.com
As improvisers, we are a team, ready to adapt, support, and be ready for anything. Please join us in protecting the most vulnerable in our community with preventative measures. We’ll see your healthy and happy faces in the theater as soon as possible.
The Owners of Sea Tea Improv (Dan, Greg, Julia, Summar and Vlad)