Sketch Comedy Writers Room
A twice-monthly drop-in working group
Josh Moberger hosts Sketch Comedy Writers Room – a drop-in event at Sea Tea Improv Studios!
Get from idea to first draft! Go from first draft to second! Get input, feedback & support from other sketch comedy writers of all levels.
- Bring a sketch idea to pitch and get new ideas and takes from other funny folks who are into the idea.
- Team pitch session to generate ideas and work toward more premises.
- Have a complete draft? Get it read and get feedback.
- Then, just some good ol’ focused writing time while the ideas are fresh. Go for the full sketch or outline the beats. Work alone or in small groups with other people who latch onto the same premise.
- Finally, table reads with new copy, hearing what’s been written out loud, and get some notes to take home.
1st & 3rd Saturdays from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Just $5 per person via cash at the door, Venmo (@seateaimprov), or PayPal ([email protected]).
Sea Tea Improv Studios
75 Pratt St, 5th Floor, Hartford, CT